American Horror Story: Hotel is the fifth season of the popular horror anthology series created by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. The season focuses on the mysterious and sinister Hotel Cortez in Los Angeles, where guests check in but never check out. While the season features an ensemble cast of talented actors, fans of the show have been wondering why Jessica Lange, who had been a mainstay of the series, was not part of the cast of Hotel.
Who is Jessica Lange?
Jessica Lange is an American actress who has been in the entertainment industry for over four decades. She has won several awards, including two Academy Awards, three Primetime Emmy Awards, and five Golden Globe Awards. Lange first appeared in American Horror Story in the first season, Murder House, and continued to be a part of the series until the fourth season, Freak Show.
Why did Jessica Lange leave American Horror Story?
It is worth mentioning that Jessica Lange had always stated that she would only be a part of the series for four seasons. In an interview with Charlie Rose in 2014, she said, “That’s [four seasons] enough. Because it’s such a dense, intricate show, and I think it demands a lot of you, and it’s a lot of work, and I think that you have to keep yourself open to new things and new experiences.” Therefore, it was no surprise that she did not return for the fifth season, Hotel.
Who replaced Jessica Lange in Hotel?
Although Jessica Lange was not part of the cast of Hotel, the season still had a talented ensemble cast. Lady Gaga, who is known for her music, played the role of the Countess, a vampire-like creature who runs the Hotel Cortez. Kathy Bates, who had been a part of the series since the third season, Coven, played the role of Iris, the hotel’s manager. Other actors who were part of the cast included Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Wes Bentley, and Matt Bomer.
Did Jessica Lange express any regrets about leaving American Horror Story?
Based on interviews, it does not seem like Jessica Lange had any regrets about leaving American Horror Story. In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter in 2017, Lange said, “I had four years with that, four seasons, and each year was a marvelous character. Everything changed from one year to another which made it very interesting to me. But no, I think sometimes you come to the end of something and it has had its natural [conclusion].”
What did the critics think of Hotel?
According to Rotten Tomatoes, American Horror Story: Hotel has a rating of 64% based on 214 reviews. The website’s consensus reads, “Favoring garish style over effective storytelling, the fifth American Horror Story strands a talented cast at Ryan Murphy’s Hotel.” On the other hand, some critics praised the performances of the cast, especially Lady Gaga, who won a Golden Globe for her role in the series.
Although Jessica Lange was not part of the cast of American Horror Story: Hotel, the season still had a talented ensemble cast. Lange had always stated that she would only be a part of the series for four seasons, and it was no surprise that she did not return for the fifth season. While the season received mixed reviews from critics, it still remains a popular season among fans of the series.
People Also Asked
1. Was Jessica Lange supposed to be in Hotel?
Yes, Jessica Lange was initially supposed to be in Hotel, but she declined the offer to return to the show.
- Jessica Lange declined the offer to return to the show.
- She had been a main cast member in the previous four seasons of American Horror Story.
- She stated that she wanted to take a break from the show to focus on other projects.
2. Who replaced Jessica Lange in Hotel?
Lady Gaga replaced Jessica Lange as the female lead in Hotel.
- Lady Gaga played the character of The Countess in the fifth season of American Horror Story.
- She received critical acclaim for her performance and won a Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Limited Series or Television Film.
- Other notable cast members in Hotel include Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, and Evan Peters.
3. What are some of the hotel amenities featured in Hotel?
Hotel features a variety of hotel amenities, including a pool, a spa, and a gym.
- The hotel in the show is based on the real-life Cecil Hotel in Los Angeles, which has a dark history.
- The hotel in the show also features a bar, a restaurant, and a casino.
- The hotel rooms are decorated in a Gothic style, with dark colors and ornate furnishings.
4. Are there any pet-friendly hotels featured in American Horror Story?
There are no pet-friendly hotels featured in American Horror Story, as the show focuses on horror and suspense rather than pet-friendly accommodations.
- However, some hotels in real life do offer pet-friendly accommodations, such as Marriott and Hilton hotels.
- It is important to check with the hotel beforehand to see if they allow pets and what their policies are.
- Some hotels may charge an additional fee for pets or have restrictions on the size or breed of the animal.
5. Are there any hourly hotels featured in American Horror Story?
There are no hourly hotels featured in American Horror Story, as the show focuses on horror and suspense rather than hourly accommodations.
- Hourly hotels, also known as love hotels, are typically found in urban areas and offer short-term stays for couples.
- Some hotels may offer hourly rates during the day for travelers who need a place to rest or work.
- However, it is important to note that hourly hotels may have a negative connotation and may not be suitable for all travelers.