New Brunch Menu at MGM Springfield's Cal Mare Restaurant
Italian-influenced comfort food created by Chefs Michael Mina and Adam Sobel.
It’s brunch time in downtown Springfield, Massachusetts. Celebrated chefs Michael Mina and Adam Sobel have debuted a new weekend menu for Cal Mare at MGM Springfield, featuring iconic brunch staples complemented by Italian classics and refreshing cocktails.
“Brunch is more than a meal—it’s a culture,” says Chef Sobel. “We couldn’t be more excited to introduce our brunch experience and hope everyone will love it as much as we loved creating it.”
Available for reservations on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Cal Mare’s new brunch menu features a bevy of delicious offerings:
- Kick Start the Day: To begin the feast, guests can enjoy Cal Mare’s Roman Sweet Buns served with whipped mascarpone, Nutella and salted caramel. For a savory appetizer, cured Salmon Flatbread topped with burrata, avocado and salted egg yolk delivers a multitude of flavors and textures. On the spicy side, Yellowfin Tuna Tartare turns mornings up a notch with tomato sauce, pickled hot peppers and capers.
- Mangia, Mangia: The main event on the menu showcases entrees with a Mediterranean flair. The Italian Cheeseburger is a fun twist on a favorite, served with provolone, giardiniera and Calabrian chili aioli. Meanwhile, Ricotta Pancakes drizzled with orange marmalade, wildflower honey and walnuts bring a sweet crunch to a classic.
- Seafood Delights: What’s a New England brunch without seafood? Guests can savor fresh catches including Atlantic Oysters with limoncello mignonette and Calabrian cocktail sauce; Whole Grilled Branzino on a bed of arugula, fennel and grilled lemon; or the indulgent Lobster Tagliatelle, served with toasted garlic and Calabrian chili.
- That’s Amore: Guests can dig into Cal Mare’s specialty pizzas even earlier now on the weekends. The new menu includes gourmet three-cheese slices with shaved brussels sprouts and scallions, while the Margherita is topped with fior di latte cheese and fresh basil.
- Bottoms Up: It wouldn’t be brunch without a little bubbly. Cal Mare’s morning cocktail menu includes mimosas and bellinis made with orange juice or peach nectar and the ultimate brunch necessity, the Bloody Mary, infused with tomato, Italian spices and balsamic vinegar. For a taste of Italy, guests can sample the Negroni, made with beefeater gin, Alessio vermouth and Campari; or the Aperol Spritz – one of the region’s most popular apéritifs – featuring Aperol, prosecco and soda. A Cal Mare original, the Wandering Albatross refreshes with Barsol pisco, Aperol, grapefruit and prosecco.
About MGM Springfield
MGM Springfield covers three city blocks in the heart of downtown Springfield, Mass. Creating 3,000 permanent jobs and igniting a cultural and economic renaissance in a historic New England city, the resort, which combines new construction with revived historic buildings, offers more than 125,000 square feet of gaming space, a 250-room boutique hotel on Main Street, superior spa services, diverse retail and inspired dining headlined by award-winning Chef Michael Mina’s Cal Mare. MGM Springfield also features the seven-screen Regal luxury cinema complex, bowling lanes, a seasonal skating rink and outdoor marketplace displaying local art, events and talent. MGM Springfield opened on August 24, 2018. For additional information, please visit mgmspringfield.com.
About Mina Group
MINA Group is a San Francisco-based restaurant management company specializing in creating and operating upscale, innovative restaurant concepts. MINA Group is led by Chef/Founder Michael Mina whose accolades include James Beard Foundation “Who’s Who of Food and Beverage” inductee in 2013, Bon Appétit Chef of the Year, San Francisco Magazine Chef of the Year, and International Food and Beverage Forum’s Restaurateur of the Year. Operating since 2003, MINA Group currently manages over 40 restaurants including ARCADIA in San Jose; BARDOT BRASSERIE in Las Vegas; BOURBON STEAK in DC, Glendale, Miami, Nashville, Orange County, Santa Clara and Scottsdale; BOURBON PUB and MICHAEL MINA’s TAILGATE in Santa Clara; CAL MARE in Los Angeles and Springfield; CLOCK BAR in San Francisco; INTERNATIONAL SMOKE in San Francisco, Houston and Aventura; LOCALE MARKET and FARMTABLE KITCHEN in St Petersburg, Florida; MARGEAUX BRASSERIE and PETIT MARGEAUX in Chicago; MICHAEL MINA in San Francisco and Las Vegas; MINA BRASSERIE in Dubai; MINA’S FISH HOUSE in Oahu; PABU in San Francisco and Boston; PIZZA & BURGER in Miami Beach; PRIME GRILL in Dubai; PUB 1842 in Las Vegas; RN74 in Seattle; STRIPSTEAK in Las Vegas, Miami Beach and Waikiki; THE HANDLE BAR in Jackson Hole; THE RAMEN BAR in San Francisco; THE STREET: A MICHAEL MINA SOCIAL HOUSE in Waikiki, and TRAILBLAZER TAVERN in San Francisco. For a complete list of restaurants please visit http://michaelmina.net. Follow Michael Mina on Facebook at Michael Mina, and on Instagram and Twitter at @ChefMichaelMina.