Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort to Open Group-Centric Hotel
New property features four new F&B venues, plus rooftop and landscaped outdoor event spaces.
The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort near Orlando is expanding its footprint to include a new hotel, catering specifically to meetings and groups.
The project is expected to break ground before the end of 2018, and scheduled to be completed in the fall of 2020. The new property will be located next to the Swan Resort on the current site of the tennis courts.
The new hotel's tower will be 14 stories tall and include:
- Meeting and rooftop space – Over 22,000 square feet of meeting space, including two ballrooms, 12 meeting rooms and a rooftop reception space offering spectacular views of the nightly Walt Disney World fireworks.
- Guest rooms – 349 guest rooms including 151 suites featuring separate working and private spaces, built-in AV system, large conference table and other features designed to create the perfect collaboration space.
- Outdoor space – Landscaped 16,800-square-foot elevated deck with a fire pit and pool.
- Restaurant – 90-seat restaurant and a 50-seat lounge.
- Other amenities – Health club, business center, grab-and-go market, upscale craft cocktail lobby bar, Disney benefits.
“This is another significant phase for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort,” says Fred Sawyers, the resort’s GM. “We’re excited about the resort’s continued evolution and the new experience it will provide for our guests.”
Director of Sales and Marketing Gino Marasco adds, “This new resort is designed to allow us to better meet the needs of meetings and groups. Its unique new features will complement our location, recent renovation and service to give planners even more options to enjoy.”
The expansion follows a $150 million transformation of the resort’s guest rooms, lobby areas and all meeting space. Once the new tower is completed, the resort will offer more than 2,600 total guestrooms and 350,000 square feet of meeting space.
The new location will be open for group bookings beginning March 1, 2021.
About the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort is a nationally respected and recognized leader in the convention hotel arena. Ideally located in the heart of Walt Disney World Resort, the hotel offers 2,270 guest rooms and over 331,000 square feet of meeting space - all recently renovated as part of a $150 million transformation, the largest in the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort’s history. Features consist of 86 meeting rooms, including two executive boardrooms, four ballroom options, 110,500 square feet of contiguous convention/exhibit space, outdoor function areas, two business centers and complimentary transportation throughout the Walt Disney World Resort. Guests of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort enjoy the Extra Magic Hours benefit, offering the opportunity to enjoy additional time in the theme parks-above and beyond the standard operating schedule - at no extra charge (Valid theme park admission and Resort ID required). Groups also enjoy sophisticated guest rooms featuring Westin Heavenly Beds, the luxurious Mandara Spa and 17 world-class restaurants and lounges. For more information, please visit www.swandolphinmeetings.com.