Mobile Bellhop Bar Unpacks Cocktails at Loews Hotels (with Photo Gallery)
Handcrafted libations with a sense of nostalgia, served nightly from a retrofitted luggage trunk.
Loews Hotels is nodding to the past while serving handcrafted cocktails with The Bellhop Bar by Loews Hotels, a retrofitted steamer trunk packed with bespoke beverages stored in antique apothecary-style bottles, on display in 19 properties from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. daily. The Bellhop Bar is available now through mid-January, 2019, and allows guests to choose from local, pre-batched libations as well as domestically produced wine, to be poured, mixed and served on demand.
The Bellhop Bar by Loews Hotels was born out of the success of the brand’s unique beverage concept, The Traveller Bar, which ended its two-plus year run last January, and drew inspiration from “the golden age of the cocktail era.” The launch of this promotion continues to signal the traveler past, where travelers would pack their belongings in wardrobe trunks for extended journeys.
Guests are able to walk up to the new The Bellhop Bar and choose from two pre-batched cocktails that use Angel’s Envy Bourbon or Hangar One Vodka. Additionally, a red and sparkling wine are featured, The Count by Buena Vista Winery, which is the oldest winery in the United States and Conundrum, one of the most recognized sparkling wines on the market. Each hotel created two cocktails that are locally-inspired and unique to its destination. To add a surprise and delight for guests and locals, every night at 5 p.m. the hotels will participate in an opening bell ritual to announce that the bar is now in service.
“As we enter into the extended holiday season, we wanted to create a cocktail promotion that evokes a wistful affection for the past, helps guests toast the season of celebrations and is aligned with our brand food & beverage point of view at Loews,” says Mark Weiss, senior VP of F&B at Loews Hotels. “The Bellhop Bar by Loews Hotels delivers a thoughtfully unscripted experience for our guests, nodding to the adventures of travelers from eras ago, and providing them with an opportunity to indulge in locally handcrafted cocktails across the portfolio.”
Below is an inside look at some of the cocktails featured in The Bellhop Bar by Loews Hotels from coast to coast:
· Head to the Big Easy and check out the “Old Fashioned Streetcar Named Desire” cocktail at Loews New Orleans Hotel. Featuring Angel’s Envy Bourbon, Demerara, Regan’s Bitters, Angostura Bitters and Peychauds Bitters, the cocktail is a nod to the late, great playwright, Tennessee Williams.
· In Chicago, guests are delighted with the “Co-HOP Honey Old Fashioned” at Loews Chicago Hotel. The cocktail features Angel’s Envy Bourbon, Chicago Honey Co-Op honey simple syrup from the hotel’s Flavor by Loews Hotels partner, Angostura bitters and Orange Bitters.
· For an Italian twist, Loews Portofino Bay at Universal Orlando Resort™ is serving the “Magari No. 2” cocktail featuring Hangar One Vodka, lemon juice, limoncello and basil leaves.
· While enjoying the Miami sun, try Loews Miami Beach Hotel’s “Old Fashioned con Mango.” The cocktail includes Angel’s Envy Bourbon, mango-infused simple syrup, mango bitters, orange bitters, and a slice of dehydrated mango.
· Loews Coronado Bay Resort is offering guests “Sage Advice” – the new cocktail featuring Hangar One Vodka, St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur and sage leaves.
· While staying at Loews Regency New York, guests can get a taste of the city with “Olive New York” cocktail with Hangar One Vodka and Noilly Prat Dry Vermouth.