Meeting Breaks: Mobile Ice Cream Cart at theWit Chicago
Pastry Chef Toni Roberts has designed frozen treats for meeting groups.
The new mobile ice cream cart at theWit Chicago is an inhouse, creative meeting break. As an alternative to typical meeting break bites, theWit provides specialty inhouse ice cream items, such as such as raspberry truffle ice cream bars and minted fudgsicle pops, created by noted Chicago pastry chef Toni Roberts.
"This option is available for any private event in the hotel," Roberts says. "Everything is made inhouse using Kilgus Farm cream and milk, Milo's organic eggs, and seasonal fruits. The cart will stay on the menu with seasonal flavor changes. Currently, the Raspberry Truffle Bar, Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Sandwich, and ice cream and sorbet cups are also available in State and Lake Chicago Tavern.”
Here are the details:
- Sweet Statement Makers Creative Meeting Break
- This includes the use of the mobile ice cream cart for a specific meeting break. Pricing is based on one hour of service. Minimum guarantee of 25 people is required for all reception menus.
- Ice Cream Flavors
- Tropical Pop: passion fruit, mango, coconut
- 5 Alive Pop: lemon-orange creamcicle, lime fizzies
- Minted Fudgesicle Mini Pop: valrhona bittersweet chocolate, fresh mint
- Raspberry Truffle Bar: raspberry ice cream, fudge brownie, ganache bits
- Keylime Pie Sandwich: key lime ice cream, toasted meringue, house graham
- Seasonal Offerings: house churned ice cream and sorbet cups
Roberts is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America in New York and has received a Jean Banchet Award for Culinary Excellence as a Rising Star Pastry Chef. Roberts was also privileged with the opportunity to assist Chef Marcus Samuelsson at the White House for the Obama Administration’s first State Dinner.
This article, originally posted in June, 2017, is one of our Reader Favorites and is updated regularly.