The F&B at Great Wolf Lodge properties transformed from an afterthought to a point of difference and real attraction—with plenty of care aforethought, including consideration of the allergies and dietary restrictions of around 25% of their guests. This roasted wild mushroom risotto is served in the Lodge Wood Fired Grill restaurant at Great Wolf Lodge properties. “It is our most creative dish,” says Corporate Director of F&B Chris Hammond.
Plateware: Entrée salad bowl (warm)
Known allergens: Dairy, wheat
- ½ cup mushroom mix, prepared
- 2 oz. dry sherry wine
- 4 oz. Chardonnay cream, prepared
- 2 oz. (#30 SCP) garlic butter, prepared, cold
- 4 oz. vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp. porcini powder
- 10 each roasted cherry tomatoes, prepared
- ½ cup blanched asparagus, cut into thirds
- 10 oz. Arborio rice, prepared
- 2 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, shaved
In a hot 12-inch sauté pan, add butter, mushroom mix, porcini powder, and sherry. Simmer for about two minutes, stirring to ensure ingredients are well mixed. Add vegetable stock and reduce for about 20 seconds. Add asparagus, grape tomatoes, and rice. Toss to ensure items are well blended. Add Chardonnay cream and grated Parmesan. Reduce for three to four minutes until dish reaches desired consistency. Plate in large service bowl and garnish with shaved Parmesan. Serve immediately.